If you can't wait to get in on the Titanfall action, you might wanna rush over and apply for the Titanfall beta. Available on both Xbox One and PC, the beta will allow you to play near-final code prior to the launch of the game next month. If you are selected, you'll receive an email from RA with instructions on how to access the game by noon on February 17th. Good luck!
You can pre-order Titanfall now.
Read More | Titanfall Beta Application
Back in 2004, Microsoft released what many believe to be the best in the Halo series: Halo 2. Ten years later, and the rumor mill is buzzing with anticipation of a Halo 2 Anniversary Edition announcement, with the hope that it'll arrive on the Xbox One in full high definition glory later this year. The rumor originated on NeoGAF. If true, it does seem to throw a wrench into the previous plans, where Microsoft has promised to release Halo 5 in 2014. Microsoft likes to spread out Halo releases, so if a Halo 2 reboot is set for 2014, it wouldn't be hard to believe that Halo 5 would be pushed back to 2015, resulting in much disappointment. We'll update when we hear more.
Read More | NeoGAF
Jimmy Fallon was the first to go be able to actually play the Playstation 4, live on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. Fallon got first impressions of the DualShock 4 controller that includes the touchpad and share button functionality, and got to play some Killzone: Shadow Fall with Hermen Hulst, Managing Director of Guerilla Games. As you can see, neither Jimmy, nor guest Anthony Anderson, were that impressive, but they make up for it with some laughs.
Sony introduced the world to the Playstation 4 the other day, but didn't allow anyone to go hands-on with the console. Instead, we were treated to a bunch of video packages and demos showing just how great everything would be. Heck, Sony didn't even show the actual console itself, citing that it's "just a box" and in the grand scheme of things, isn't as important as the experience itself.
Check out the video below for a look at the segment.
In light of the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary, the videogame community is putting down their controllers for a day of rememberance. Dubbed "The Day of Cease Fire" and organized by Antwand Pearman, editor-in-chief of GamerFitNation.com, the event is a way for gamers to show the world that they care.
Though some politicians have recently condemned videogames as one of the roots of the violence in our society, Pearman's event is by no means an extension of that misguided thought.
"There's no such thing as world peace," said Pearman. "But at least we as gamers can show respect for the victims of Newtown. It's just a statement. What better statement than to say gamers will put down their virtual weapons in honor of peace."
December 21st marks the day when gamers will stop playing online shooters, such as Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and Halo 4, and will take the day to pay respect to those who lost their lives just a week ago.
"A gesture like this shows that you give a damn," said Pearman. "I want gamers to unite and show they give a damn."
Read More | Facebook
Remember that Halo 4 Limited Edition Xbox 360 console we told you about the other day? Yep, it's real, and it's now availabe for pre-order. The console will sell for $399.99, and will be released on November 6, 2012. You get the Xbox 360 console that decked out in Halo 4 artwork, along with two wireless controllers with artwork as well. The green LEDs are swapped out for blue, and the console has custom sounds from the Halo world. The actual Halo 4 game is also included. Pre-order it now at Amazon.
- Exclusive design: Limited-edition, one-of-a-kind console was custom designed by the Halo 4 developer, 343 Industries, and Xbox 360.
- Two custom Halo 4 wireless controllers: With rotating D-pad and blue LED lights.
- Halo 4 Standard Edition game
- Exclusive sounds: Hear actual Halo 4 in-game sound effects when console is turned on and when the eject button is pushed.
- 320 GB hard drive
- Custom downloadable content: Unique armor skin, unique weapon skin, unique emblem, matching avatar armor, and unique avatar prop.
- Black Xbox 360 headset
Details of the console were accidentally posted on the Microsoft Store, and have since been pulled, but not before the details above, along with images, were saved. We assume this one will sell for $399 this fall. We've got an image of the controller after the break.
Read More | Xbox Forums
In addition to the Halo 4 trailer from this morning's Microsoft E3 2012 Media Briefing, we've also got the full gameplay video as well. In the trailer, which you can view after the break, you get over 5 minutes of content showing off new enemies in the Halo world, and new abilities for Master Chief. 343 Industries looks to be off to a great start with its new Halo trilogy. Halo 4 will be available on November 6.
This morning during its E3 2012 Xbox 360 Media Briefing, Microsoft brought us the first Halo 4 full-length trailer, and it's a thing of beauty. If you didn't catch it, we've got it for you above. Great stuff. Halo 4 hits stores on November 6, 2012.
The release date of Halo 4 is quickly approaching, as November 6 is less than six months away. Today Microsoft announced the Halo 4 Limited Edition, a $99.99 bundle that beings Halo fans a ton of extras:
- War Games Map Pack Access – The Limited Edition includes access to nine maps – three future competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, available for download post-launch on Xbox LIVE.
- Specializations – Receive early access to six Specializations, available at launch on Xbox LIVE, to achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career. In addition to gaining access to new ranks, Specializations unlock new customization options. Purchasers of the “Halo 4” Limited Edition will get access on launch day, while others will have to wait as Specializations are released over time.
- The Limited Edition also contains the UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet, which includes an armor customization schematic, a blueprint of the massive ship itself, and insight into what it means to be one of humanity’s finest warriors: the Spartan-IVs.
- “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” Special Edition – An extended 90-minute version of the live-action digital series that will bring the “Halo” universe to life as you’ve never seen it, and provide an enthralling backstory leading up to the events of “Halo 4.”
Bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE:
- Unique in-game Spartan-IV armor skin
- Unique in-game weapon skin for the Assault Rifle
- An exclusive in-game emblem
- Xbox LIVE Avatar prop
- Xbox LIVE Avatar Spartan-IV armor set
Definitely a lot of content in exchange for an extra $40 above the standard version of Halo 4. You can pre-order Halo 4 now.
Read More | Halo 4 pre-order
Was it going to be Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 or Call of Duty: Ascension? Some weren’t sure what game was next. Rumors have been floating around for the past few weeks about the game, and now those rumors can be laid to rest. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 has been announced, and, man, does it look awesome.
Set in the year 2029, we find ourselves looking at an aged man tied to a chair, talking about the technology of the time. Warfare has turned its back on using soldiers, and has embraced newer, unmanned robotic technology. Everything from war planes, to walking tanks, to helicopter jets. Somehow, the enemy takes control of the drones and begins attacking the United States (and probably various other worldwide targets.) The result is a man vs. machine extravaganza. Check out the full trailer below.
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.