- STICKY POST
- I'm done, close this
Enter Our Ultimate Summer Tech Giveaway!
That’s right - we are giving away a Summer Tech Package that includes a high-tech Fuego Element grill, Monster Superstar Backfloat waterproof speaker, and a mobile charging bank from iFrogz! Head on over to our giveaway page in order to enter. Good luck!
Tuesday May 17, 2005 3:20 pm
The Nintendo Revolution Image And Details
Nintendo’s press conference is over, and we haven’t received that much information on the Revolution other than that the box the are showing off is a prototype, with the final product expected to be much smaller. Here is all I know:
- Total Backwards Compatibility: Not only will the Revolution play standard Gamecube discs, but its owners will also have downloadable access to 20 years of their favorite Nintendo titles from the NES, SNES, and Nintendo 64 as well.
- The specifications: The system boasts 512 megabytes of internal flash memory, wireless controllers, two USB 2.0 ports and built-in Wi-Fi access. A worldwide network of Nintendo players can gather to compete in a comfortable, inviting environment. Revolution’s technological heart, a processing chip developed with IBM and code-named “Broadway,” and a graphics chip set from ATI code-named “Hollywood,” will deliver game experiences not previously possible.
- SD Card Expansion: A bay for an SD memory card will let players expand the internal flash memory.
- Two disc formats, one slot: Instead of a tray, a single, innovative, self-loading media bay will play both 12-centimeter optical discs used for the new system as well as Nintendo GameCube discs. Owners will have the option of equipping a small, self-contained attachment to play movies and other DVD content.
- Wireless Gaming Network: A number of Wi-Fi-enabled launch titles are in development that will employ Nintendo’s newly announced wireless gaming service, Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection. A worldwide network of Nintendo players can gather to compete in a comfortable, inviting environment.
- Related Tags:
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.