Wednesday June 6, 2007 11:28 pm
LotRO’s First Content Update Gets Dated
The Lord of the Rings Online has been a major success since its release in April, and as if there wasn’t enough content in the game already, MMO subscribers will be in for a whole lot more when the Shores of Evendim update hits on June 13. The best part about it? It’s going to be free – as will many of the subsequent updates to the game. Finally, I really feel like my $15 a month is really paying off.
A whole new region will be included, in addition to over 100 new quests, the battle for Helegrod raid, nine entirely new monsters and major enhancements to monster play, the music system, and Champion class. Awesome. Now, if only there were a way to transfer characters from one server to another…
- Discover Evendim - About 100 miles north of the Shire, in northern Eriador, lies Evendim, a vast region dominated by the Lake Nenuial, the ‘Lake of the Twilight’. On the southern shore, the ancient abandoned city of Annúminas—the former capital of the kingdom of Arnor ¬is well known amongst the Free Peoples. For according to the Legends, amidst its ruins lay a great wealth and powerful artifacts now threatened by evil creatures and the nefarious forces lurking in Angmar.
- Over 100 New Quests - The story continues for players as they aid the Fellowship and encounter new adventures, characters and monsters including the Rogmûl!
- Raid in the Battle for Helegrod - Challege the fearsome dragon Thorog in a massive 24-player raid in the Misty Mountains.
- Major Updates to the Music System - In addition to the new percussion and bass instruments, players can now utilize a new music notation system that enables them to compose music offline and upload it to your character in-game.
- New Collectible Armor Sets - Seven new sets of epic armor enable players to gain progressive bonuses for each piece of armor worn from a set.
- Related Tags:
- content update, free, lord of the rings, lord of the rings online, lotro, mmo, mmorpg, shores of evendim
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.