- STICKY POST
- I'm done, close this
Check out our 2013 Holiday Gift Guide, win some awesome gadgets!
Our 2013 Holiday Gift Guide is in full swing - we are adding our recommendations daily, aimed at men, women, teens, families, techies, and more. If you need help figuring out what to get the people in your life, head on over to our Guide for some ideas. We’ll even be giving away some of the items featured this year!
Wednesday June 13, 2007 10:20 am
Gears of War Getting More Achievements With New Title Update
Void of any achievements related to the added-after-the-fact Annex mode or Hidden Fronts maps, Epic will be releasing a title update for Gears of War tomorrow, Thursday, at 2 a.m. GMT (which is 9 p.m. EST tonight, if I’m not mistaken). It will add eight new achievements worth 250 points, improve (read: un-break) the Roadie Run controls, prevent glitches in exploits in the multiplayer, and other various tidbits.
If you’re a real achievement whore and haven’t already picked up the Hidden Fronts map pack (which goes for 800 Microsoft Points, or $10), you might be tempted to do so now. But keep in mind that all four maps included in it will be released for free on September 3.
For release notes and details on the new achievements, check after the break.
- New Achievements added! Eight new achievements worth a total of 250 points created for playing Annex and the Hidden Fronts Multiplayer Map Pack
- Improved Roadie Run to reduce getting snagged on cover
- Tweaked up the amount of damage done by the Lancer Assault Rifle in multiplayer
- Fixed split-screen players interrupting the other player’s actions when they die
- Stopped Annex scoring whenever a “Connection Error” dialog box is displayed
- Reduced the duration that corpses remain visible when hosting an Annex match
- Reduced the range of possible Annex bleed-out times selectable by host
- Addressed a number of multiplayer exploits
- Addressed other general housekeeping
Name (Gamerscore) - Description
“THIS! IS! ANNEX!” (40) - Complete 100 multiplayer matches of 3+ rounds in Annex and capture 3 objectives in each match
“Inconceivable!” (30) - Win 20 rounds of multiplayer matches in Annex by fewer than 5 points
“Nub Pwn3r” (30) - Win 20 rounds of multiplayer matches in Annex by shutting out the opposing team
“You Down With E.P.I.C?” (30) - Win a multiplayer match of 3+ rounds in any game type on 6 different downloadable maps
“Green Thumb” (30) - Win 20 multiplayer matches of 3+ rounds in any game type on the Garden multiplayer map
“Mind the Gap” (30) - Win 20 multiplayer matches of 3+ rounds in any game type on the Subway multiplayer map
“All That Juice” (30) - Win 20 multiplayer matches of 3+ rounds in any game type on the Process multiplayer map
“Purdy Mouth” (30) - Win 20 multiplayer matches of 3+ rounds in any game type on the Bullet Marsh multiplayer map
- Related Tags:
- achievements, annex, epic, epic games, gamerscore, gears of war, glitches, hidden fronts, map pack, microsoft points, roadie run, title update, xbox live
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.