- STICKY POST
- I'm done, close this
Check out our 2013 Holiday Gift Guide, win some awesome gadgets!
Our 2013 Holiday Gift Guide is in full swing - we are adding our recommendations daily, aimed at men, women, teens, families, techies, and more. If you need help figuring out what to get the people in your life, head on over to our Guide for some ideas. We’ll even be giving away some of the items featured this year!
Thursday September 14, 2006 12:40 am
Nintendo Of Japan: Wii Launches December 2, 25000 Yen
Famitsu is currently blogging the Nintendo of Japan’s press event, and so far they have revealed that:
- Virtual Console titles will be 500 Yen for Famicom titles, 800 Yen for Super Famicom titles, and 1000 Yen for Nintendo 64 titles. 30 Nintendo games will be available by the end of the year, and 30 for other platforms. Nintendo plans on releasing 10 titles per month after launch.
- The Japanese launch date will be December 2, and the console will sell for 25000 Yen.
- Ten companies will be providing software at launch, and the Wii will launch with 16 titles in Japan
- Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess will sell for 6800 Yen and will be a launch title. Wii software will retail for 4800 ($40) - 6800 ($58) Yen in Japan.
- Via Press Release: The Wii box in Japan will include: Wii, Remote with Strap, Nunchuck Attachment, Power Cord, AV Cable, Stand, Sensor Bar and Stand, and batteries. Apparently, Japanese gamers will not get a pack-in game.
Nintendo’s official Wii site in Japan is also open now, with videos showing off the user interface for the Wii. Nintendo has also expanded their own site with information on software titles and more for the Wii.
Nintendo of Japan has Satoru Iwata’s presentation linked online as well. Additional details from the presentation:
- The Nunchuck attachment will sell for 1800 Yen
- The Classic Controller will also sell for 1800 Yen separately, but there will be a bundle with the Classic Controller and 5000 Wii Points for 5000 Yen
- Additional Wii remotes will sell for 3800 Yen ($32)
- Pokemon Battle Revolution will sell for 5800 Yen, and will be released by the end of the year. The game will also link via WiFi to the upcoming Pokemon Diamond and Pearl for the Nintendo DS
- Wii Sports will sell for 4800 Yen in Japan
- The version of Opera for the Wii will be much more advanced than the DS Version, and will support AJAX and Flash.
- 24 companies have signed on to provide games for the Virtual Console, including Sega, Hudson Soft, Tecmo, Atlus, Capcom, Bandai Namco, and Square Enix.
Read More | Wii Official Site
Read More | Nintendo of Japan
Read More | Satoru Iwata Presentation
Read More | Famitsu
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.